Saturday, June 22, 2013

Ruffa on singlehood: 'I'm very happy on my own'

Beauty queen to take short course in London MANILA, Philippines -- Beauty queen and single mom Ruffa Gutierrez nowadays finds herself concerned with "bettering herself," than being on the lookout for a new man to come into her life. Speaking with reporters at the sidelines of her early birthday celebration on Thursday, Gutierrez expressed contentment with the current state of her life and career, saying she couldn't wish for anything more. Miss World 1993 second runner-up Ruffa Gutierrez with her daughters Lorin (left) and Venice. Photo from the actress-host's Instagram page "I just want all the blessings to continue, peace of mind, happiness, 'yun lang. Wala naman talaga [akong hiling pa]. I think I'm very happy, very fulfilled with my life right now," said the actress-host, who will turn 39 on June 24. Although she is not closing her doors to romance, Gutierrez said she feels no need to actively find a partner, pointing to her two daughters with former husband Ylmaz Bektas -- Lorin, 9, and Venice, 8 -- as her source of happiness. "Kung dumating naman si Mr. Right, eh wala namang problema na i-accept ko na kung anuman ang dumating, especially when it comes to love. I haven't had a boyfriend in two years, so kung dumating man 'yon this year, iwi-welcome ko 'yon. "But I'm not going to settle, I'm very happy with myself, just being with my kids. There's really no need to look for a man. I'm very happy on my own," she said. Off to London Aside from spending time with her daughters, Gutierrez will busy herself with her studies in King's College in London, where she will take up a short course on International Political Economy. Ruffa Gutierrez's letter of acceptance to King's College in London, as shared by the TV host on her Instagram page early this week The actress-host hopes the course, which will last for a month, will help prepare her to effectively take part in international relations. Clarifying her motivation to pursue the course, Gutierrez said, "Hindi ko iniisip pumasok sa pulitika. That is not in my plans at all. Siguro more of helping others and more of international relations, being an ambassador or [part of the] United Nations. Mas type ko 'yung ganoon." Gutierrez said she sees the move as a way of expanding her knowledge and skills, with the goal to "better herself" in mind. "A lot of people are happy for me, and they encourage me na ipagpatuloy ko 'yan... Siguro I just want to better myself as a person, and hindi naman talaga lahat ng mundo ko showbiz lang. "I want to expand also, be ready for the rainy days, be ready when the time comes so I'm well-equipped na kahit wala na ako sa showbiz, mabubuhay ako," she said.

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

Powered By | Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets