Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Rocco doesn't mind being replacement in 'Calungsod' film


MANILA – Rocco Nacino does not mind being the replacement of JM de Guzman as Pedro Calungsod in a Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) entry about the life of the second Filipino saint. In an interview with entertainment website Pep.ph, Nacino said he still feels honored because he was chosen to play the Filipino saint. “Hindi ko iniisip na I’m just a replacement. I got the role so I have something to be really happy and thankful about and hindi ko na iniisip na replacement ako,” he said. De Guzman's father had earlier withdrawn the participation of the actor in the film, citing "health problems." Nacino, who previously played the Cebu-born saint in a mini-documentary, said he is doing research to properly portray his character. “I’m learning and researching, and I’m looking forward to attending Latin masses para malaman kung paano sila mag-conduct ng masses para iyon ang puwede kong gamitin para basehan,” he said. Nacino said it is also a non-issue for him that he is not a Roman Catholic. “Okay lang sa akin, it’s work… it’s part of the work. And for example, if I get a project na kailangan kong maging atheist or ano, someone who doesn’t believe in God, I’ll accept it kasi it’s just work,” he said. As early as now, Nacino said he is already feeling the pressure because this will be his first lead role in an MMFF entry. “I was excited siyempre to land the role and I feel very honored to be working for this kind of project na napakalaki and to be part of MMFF. It’s gonna be my first. 'Yung una ko, kasama sina Miss Judy Ann [Santos] sa ‘My Househusband,’ pero parang support ako doon,” he said. Aside from Nacino, "San Pedro Calungsod: Batang Martir" will aslo feature Christian Vazquez, Jestoni Alarcon, Victor Basa, Ryan Eigenmann and Mercedes Cabral.


Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

Powered By | Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets