Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Jed vs Sarah G with concerts on same day

MANILA -- Jed Madela's upcoming concert is scheduled on the same day as Sarah Geronimo's show, but the former sees nothing wrong with it. Madela will hold his 10th anniversary concert titled "X" on November 15 at the PICC Plenary Hall. On the same night, Geronimo will stage a 10th year concert billed as "Perfect 10" at the Araneta Coliseum. Reacting to this, Madela said: "Okay lang naman kasi sold out na. At first, siyempre, I was really surprised kasi what I knew all along na she will have her concert on November 22 or something. I said 'okay, November 15, okay na tayo doon.' Then to my surprise, biglang 15 na rin siya." "But you know, iba naman 'yung crowd ni Sarah at iba naman 'yung crowd ko. And Araneta is really far from PICC. At first, nakakatakot kasi siyempre Sarah Geronimo, Pop Princess. Pero as I said, it's a different crowd," he added. Madela said he is just happy to have survived 10 years in the local music industry. When asked if he considers his first decade as a professional singer "perfect," he said: "In my ten years, it’s not perfect, there has been highs and lows in the industry. Ang dami ring humindi sa akin, hindi tumanggap sa akin sa circle nila. On the other hand, what makes it perfect is learning from those things that I’ve experienced in the past. Looking back, it’s close to perfect." "I was lucky enough to be surrounded by a handful of people who believe so much in me na kahit sinasabi ko na I will give up, nandiyan sila to push me. They were my strength behind my temporary weakness," he added. Sexual preference Meanwhile, Madela faced the same issue regarding his sexual orientation. "'Yung mga ganyang issue, for anybody who steps into the world of showbiz, there are always questions about sexual preference, family background, 'yung upbringing. Lahat pakikialaman. And you can’t say one thing to put a period to it, kasi kahit anong sabihin mo, mayroon at mayroon pa rin silang sasabihin," he said. He said that with his ten years in the industry, he learned when to speak up or be silent about a certain issue. "I’ve learned from the past ten years in this business how to go with the flow and let everybody talk, let everybody speak their mind. Hindi ko na kokontrahin, kung anong gusto niyong sabihin, kung anong gusto niyong isipin, bahala na kayo. As long as I’m doing my job well, as long as I’m making people enjoy through my voice and performances, that’s what matters." While he is currently single, Madela said it doesn't mean that he has never entered into a relationship. "I make it a point to separate my private life from work. I really treasure my privacy. During the ten years, hindi naman ako naging single lang, I just managed to keep it private. Someone who can understand the business I am in. Hindi madali kasi 'yung sa schedule namin, hindi fixed. So, someone who understands my job, somebody who can make me laugh and somebody who can take care of me," he shared.




Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

Powered By | Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets