Friday, August 9, 2013

Bamboo insists: No favoritism on 'Voice PH'


MANILA – Rocker Francisco “Bamboo” Mañalac reiterated that he does not play favorites in choosing which contestant would advance in his team in “The Voice of the Philippines.” Mañalac drew flak in the past weeks after he chose Makati-based singer Lee Grane over Marikina-born band vocalist Dan Billano, and when he picked acoustic singer Paolo Onesa over the father-and-son duo of Mark and Willy Cordovales to advance in the Battle Round of the hit reality talent competition. In an interview with ABS-CBN News on Wednesday, Mañalac said he is always a coach first to all of his team members and favoritism has no place in Kamp Kawayan. “Like I always say, people are confusing you as a judge as a coach. I always say I am a coach first. It’s about making an artistic connection with someone. It’s about having an artistic connection with someone. Importante iyon, hindi puwedeng black and white lang,” he said. Mañalac said if there’s one person who knows his team members, it would be him because he spends a lot of time with them during rehearsals. While it is hard for him as a coach to pit his members against each other, Mañalac said it is always his aim to let them shine individually. “I spend a lot of time with my guys, I love my team. I’ll fight for all 13. Yes, may hard choice kami kaya nga mahirap eh. You put both singers in a position na they’ll both shine. At the end of the day, ang goal ko lang naman is pareho silang lumipad,” he said. “To get to a decision, iba na iyon. It’s a tough thing to do. Pero again, coach first ako. I have to say, the 13 artists I have on my team, I will continue to coach them. It does not end there for them. That’s why I’m on this show,” he added.


Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

Powered By | Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets