Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Emotional Claudine surfaces in court

Court issues gag order on actress' camp MANILA -- An emotional Claudine Barretto surfaced Tuesday at the Marikina Regional Trial Court to attend a hearing for the temporary protection order (TPO) she filed Monday against her estranged husband, actor Raymart Santiago. The 34-year-old actress was accompanied to the venue by her sister, Mitchie, and her legal counsel, Atty. Ferdinand Topacio. The "Mula sa Puso" star, who refused to grant any interview, was seen crying as she made her way to the clerk of court together with her sister, as well as when she exited the building. Topacio, who met with family court judge Geraldine Macaraig, said his client's camp had been issued a gag order, which disallows them to talk about any matter related to the case. The hearing for the TPO, Topacio added, was rescheduled to a later date, which means Barretto's request to bar Santiago from being within 300 meters of her and their children has yet to be granted. The former couple have two children -- an adopted daughter, Sabina, 9; and a biological son, Santino, 6. Barretto earlier refused to give details about the TPO, including the reason behind her seeking the measure. "Ayaw ko talagang magsalita. I am not ready to talk. I don't want to talk. I just want to be protected. I just want my children to be protected. 'Yun lang masasabi ko," she said in an interview on radio dzMM Monday. Santiago, for his part, spoke for the first time through a statement released Tuesday denying "accusations" supposedly thrown against him by his wife. He said there is no truth to speculations that he physically hurt his children and Barretto, adding he will address the matter in court "in the right time." -- Report from Ginger Conejero, ABS-CBN News

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below


Powered By | Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets