Saturday, June 15, 2013

Julia Barretto regrets estrangement from Tita Claudine


MANILA -- As she gears up for her debut as a dramatic actress, Julia Barretto said she regrets not being able to communicate with her aunt, Claudine, whose career in showbiz spans over two decades. Julia Barretto with aunt Claudine in a photo taken in 2012. Photo courtesy of Julia's Instagram page The 16-year-old Julia will be featured for the first time in an episode of the long-running drama anthology "Maalaala Mo Kaya" on Saturday, following her launch as a member of Star Magic Circle 2013 early this year. The episode, which Julia described to be "heavy drama," is seen as a stepping stone for the young actress as she prepares for the Kapamilya series "Cofradia," wherein she will take on the title role. Speaking to ABS-CBN News at the sidelines of the recent Mega Pinoy Pride Ball 2013, Julia said she had wanted to approach her aunts to seek their advice on acting. The daughter of former actress Marjorie Barretto and comedian Dennis Padilla, Julia is niece to Claudine and Gretchen, who are both also actresses. "Especially with what's going on right now, I wasn't able to get advice from my titas, but I wish was able to," the young actress said, referring to the controversial feud among members of the Barretto clan, with alliances between her mom and aunt Gretchen on one side, and her aunt Claudine and her grandparents on the other. Asked who among her relatives she has been able to talk to since the feud went public, Julia said, "Of course my Tita Gretchen, yes, but Tita Claudine, no. But one day I know they're all going to be okay again, and I'll be able to ask questions about acting." Nonetheless, Julia feels relieved that the tension between both camps has eased, "It's just that hindi pa sila nakaka-reconcile." She added that her mom, who also made headlines when sensitive photos of her circulated online amid their family feud, has managed to "show me that life goes on." "Kasi right now she also tells me that wala na rin, it's done. May mga bagong intriga narin naman na papasok, so it's not something to dwell on so much," Julia said. Heavy drama in 'MMK' Among the "intrigues" that the young actress has addressed time and again is her ties with a clan of celebrities, which considerably boosted her familiarity with the public. With her "Maalaala Mo Kaya" debut, Julia said she hopes to accomplish being set apart from her mom and aunts, and being known for her own talent. "I want to prove to them that I can also act like my titas and that I got into showbiz not just because of my last name, but because there's something that I can prove to them -- why I deserve to be in show business," she said. Julia is particularly thrilled to share the result of what she considers to be the most difficult scene to film in her "Maalaala Mo Kaya" episode. "I can't tell so much about it, but I was so nervous to do it because it is a big scene and that's where the problem ends. So it's a very heavy scene and it had to look very real, so I had to go deep into my life and make hugot there," she said. Asked where she drew her emotions for the pivotal scene, the young actress said, "I think you go back to an important event in your life that was painful to you in the past. I think you go back to it and try to feel the pain again, so you can feel it again and malabas mo sa acting." Joining Barretto in the cast of the June 15 episode of "Maalaala Mo Kaya" are Ara Mina, James Blanco, Jacob Dionisio, Tommy Abuel, Manuel Chua, Kristoff Meneses, Marikit Morales and Yda Yaneza. Written by Mark Angos with research by Akeep del Rosario, the episode is directed by Dado Lumibao.

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

Powered By | Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets