Wednesday, June 26, 2013

G Toengi doesn't regret leaving showbiz to study


MANILA – She may have left her showbiz career in the Philippines for several years, but actress G Toengi does not regret making that decision because it made her the person that she is today. In an interview with ABS-CBN News, Toengi admitted she once tried to be a waiter and a bartender while in the United States just to support her dream of becoming an actress. “I tried bartending. That’s how I was able to support myself as a starving actress pero no regrets. Life is life. It’s about having experiences na naghuhubog ng pagkatao mo,” she said. Far from her glamorous life in the Philippines, the 35-year-old actress said her low-key life in California taught her to be humble. “Had I not left, I would be a very, very different person than who I am now. I know the value of hard work because I’ve been there. I know the value of training and studying,” she said. Toengi graduated with honors at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) where she earned a communication studies degree. “Alam ko kasi na hindi ikatatalo ng isang tao na mag-aral lalo na sa pagiging actor. That’s why I want a lot of things for myself but it’s because I want to be a better person, a better actor, a better mother,” she said. Now 20 years since she first joined the local entertainment industry, Toengi said she is looking forward to more years with her “first love.” “I’m looking forward to many, many more years [in showbiz]. Matagal akong nawala, pero nung bumalik ako, open arms pa rin akong tinanggap,” she said.

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

Powered By | Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets