Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Gretchen's best friend denies being paid


MANILA, Philippines – Former actress Tanya Montenegro denied allegations of Mrs. Inday Barretto that her best friend, Gretchen, paid her to come out and speak for her. In a text message she sent to entertainment website Pep.ph, Montenegro said “there was never any money involved between me and Gretchen.” “My 30-year friendship with Gretchen knows no amount of money and the love we have for one another will always bring us to situations where we will defend one another,” she said. Montenegro said she also has no intentions of fighting with Mrs. Barretto, saying she grew up respecting her. “Tita Inday, I did not come out to fight you, but I came out only to speak the truth of what I saw,” she said. “Tita Inday, I also have a mother and you know her well. My mom lives with me and I am proud to say my mother, after my children, is the most important to me. We may not be overwhelmingly rich but we truly live with love and respect for one another. I will always treasure my mom and the sacrifice,” Montenegro said. In an interview with “The Buzz” on Sunday, Montenegro came to Gretchen’s defense amid an ongoing feud involving the actress, her siblings and their mother. Montenegro countered most claims of Gretchen’s sister Gia, who collaborated with their mother’s earlier statement. When they were in grade school, Montegro shared that Gretchen would normally go to school with only enough food for either recess or lunch. She added that there was also a time when Gretchen was not able to take their exams because of her unpaid tuition. Montenegro said Gretchen also grew up “emotionally deprived of love from the parents.” Mrs. Barretto refuted all these, saying Montenegro is in no position to contest what she said, as well as those asserted by Gia, because she is not part of their family.


Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

Powered By | Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets