Friday, April 19, 2013

After cancer scare, Mother Lily 'normal' again


MANILA, Philippines -- Regal Films matriarch Lily Monteverde, fondly called Mother Lily in the film industry, is happy to resume work after undergoing an operation to remove an abnormal growth in her lungs. Lily Monteverde. File photo The 73-year-old film producer was all smiles during a press conference held Wednesday for the romance-drama "The Bride and the Lover," which will be released in theaters on May 1 by the Monteverde-led Regal Films. Speaking to reporters, Monteverde credited the prayers of her family and loved ones for her speedy recovery. "Of course, number one is prayers. God is so important. I always feel prayers can move mountains, that's why I find it very easy for me to recover," she said. She added: "I'm very strong to face what was going to happen to me. Parang nothing happened to me, even when I was going na to the operating room, I was just wishing I could be like Christ, na he suffered for us, and now it's my turn -- I also have to pay back what is due." In Febraury this year, local personalities including President Benigno Aquino III expressed support for Monteverde as she prepared to undergo an operation to remove a nodule found in her lungs. "I'm fine. After my operation, parang naging normal ako. I started working [again]," Monteverde said on Wednesday. "It's really my passion. Talagang the movie industry, we have to continue our legacy, it's so important," she said. Although she is happy to be working again, Monteverde said she will heed her doctor's advice not to stress herself out. "Ang advice lang ng doctor huwag lang mag-overwork o ma-stress. Just feel it na lang. But you know naman work, I feel it in my heart, it's a pleasure not a pressure to me," she said.

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

Powered By | Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets