Saturday, September 28, 2013

Katy Perry Calls Boyfriend John Mayer a "Genius," Talks Doing Crossword Puzzles In Bed


Katy Perry, Billboard

Katy Perry just can't stop gushing over her man John Mayer. "He literally is a genius, as is evident from his songwriting," the 28-year-old beauty says in the latest issue of Billboard magazine, in which she also promotes her highly anticipated album PRISM, which is due out Oct. 22. "I always tell him, 'Darling, you know I'm going to have to give your mind to science after you've passed, because we're going to have to understand how all these sparks work,'" she adorably admits. Perry continues, sharing just how much she admires the brilliant mind of her man: "We'll be in bed, and he'll be doing the crossword puzzle. Every night, he tries to finish it in under 10 minutes," she says. "When he puts his mind to something, he really gets it done very well. I always ask for his help." Aww. This isn't the first time that the singer—who recently achieved her eighth No. 1 single on the Billboard Hot 100 with her best-selling anthem "Roar"—has gushed over her hunky beau's songwriting skills. She couldn't help but share her admiration for the "Gravity" crooner, with whom she recorded a duet title "Who You Love," which appears on John's most recent album Paradise Valley, at the MTV Video Music Awards. "I've been a fan of John's for years before I got to actually kiss him," the "Fireworks" beauty told to E! News last month. "But I've been such a fan, I think he's so incredibly talented and gifted and a genius songwriter. So to be a part of anything he was doing was just natural." Inside the mag, Perry also opens up about her upcoming album, admitting she penned some deeply personal songs in the wake of her painful divorce from Russell Brand. "All the songs are real-life moments," she explains. "I can only write autobiographically. I put all the evidence in the music. I tell my fans if they want to know the real truth about stuff, just listen to the songs." Which is partly why this record is so drastically different from her previous efforts, as evidenced by Perry literally laying her own image to rest in the "Roar" music video. "I didn't want to do Teenage Dream 2.0," she insists. "Teenage Dream was highly conceptual, super-pop art. PRISM is more organic, au naturale, vulnerable and honest, but still has the same amount of fun." Despite her immense success, the pop star says she's not slowing down anytime soon. "It's a comfy spot to be in, but I can't get too comfortable," she admits of her chart-topping status. "Otherwise, I'll lose perspective." As for where she sees herself in the future? "I'll probably turn into more of a Joni Mitchell," she confesses. "As I inch towards my 30s, I think my fourth record will be more of an acoustic guitar album. That's where I started when I was first discovered by Glen Ballard and got my first record deal. We'll see—I can't get ahead of myself. I'm still doing the work: I'm a good balance of left and right brain, and to be an artist with a long career, you've got to have both." She adds, "One thing John [Mayer] said to me was, ‘It's harder maintaining success than finding it.' I've got a few records under my belt, and I still feel like a brand-new artist. People still want that truth to cut through." Sounds like Katy's found herself a keeper.



Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

Powered By | Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets