Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Gretchen closes door on family feud

MANILA – Actress Gretchen Barretto has chosen to keep her mouth shut when it comes the Barretto family feud. In an interview with ABS-CBN News on Tuesday, Barretto said she’d rather leave family matters behind since much have already been said by both camps. “I don’t think gusto kong buksan ang mga sarado na. Sinara na iyan so let’s leave it there. I don’t think I’m ready to answer any family questions,” she said. Barretto said she is content and happy with her life and this is evident in the pictures that she posts in the image-sharing site Instagram. “I’m good with how things are right now. I share a little bit of my daily life with the public through Instagram. I think that’s as far as I’m gonna go,” she said. Asked if the bashers on Instagram still affect her, Barretto said: “It’s my way of sharing my everyday life. I’m happy to do it. I know I can’t please everybody but it’s just really sharing of my everyday life.” Last month, Barretto spoke on “The Buzz” saying she has decided not to fight back despite the accusations made against her by her own mother Inday and older sister Gia. “Hindi madali ang pinagdadaanan ko ngayon. Hindi madali na pinag-uusapan ka ng buong Pilipinas. Hindi madaling pakinggan 'yung pinagdaanan ko, 'yung childhood ko. [Pero] away pamilya ito, hindi dapat isapubliko,” she said at the time. Amid this ordeal, Barretto said she is very grateful that there are still many who truly value her. “I learned this week that a tight embrace means the world to me. I learned that madami din palang nagmamahal sa akin. I also learned that life is not perfect and I can’t have everything,” she told "The Buzz" host Boy Abunda. That was the only time Barretto opened up about the controversy. Meanwhile, Barretto shared that she will be doing another project soon but no details could be divulged yet. She is also starring in the independent film, "The Diplomat Hotel," an entry to this year's Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival. Barretto will play a reporter in the horror film about a haunted hotel directed by Christopher Ad. Castillo, the son of the late director Celso Ad. Castillo.

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below


Powered By | Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets