Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Janelle Manahan moves on after Ramgen tragedy


The former "Star Circle Quest" finalist marked her showbiz comeback Monday at the premiere night of the romantic indie film "Bad Romance." Manahan stars alongside Aiza Seguerra, Mercedes Cabral and Rey PJ Abellana in the film directed by Ian del Carmen. "My cousin is the director so kinontact niya ako for the role. Tapos ako naman I wasn't doing anything then, so I decided to do it, because I really wanted acting also," Manahan said. Asked if she found it difficult to return to acting, she said, "Hindi naman. Nanibago lang ako kasi I wasn't acting for a few years. So it was a good feeling na nakabalik ako, because this is really what i love to do." Explaining her role in the film, Manahan added: "Actually 'yung role ko will play a big part, 'yun 'yung magke-create ng twist, which I myself, hindi ko pa alam." Manahan appeared in a number of ABS-CBN programs until 2006 after her stint in the talent search "Star Circle Quest," where she made it to top 6. In 2011, she became the subject of headlines after she was shot in the face on October 28, when she and Revilla were attacked in the late actor's home in ParaƱaque. She accused Revilla's siblings of the murder. According to Manahan, she attended her last hearing on the case last week, and is now waiting for a court decision on the petition of the suspects' camp for bail. Following the incident, Manahan went through several facial surgeries and electrical stimulation therapy. She said returning to acting has been helpful in moving on from the incident. "I told [my parents] that I wanted to be normal again, I wanted to live my old life. So in-allow nila ako, kasi it's also a big help to move on," she said. The new man in her life, Manahan said, has also helped her rebuild her life after the tragic death of Revilla. Manahan is currently in a relationship with a non-showbiz personality, who escorted her at the premiere of "Bad Romance." "Hindi naman siya kapalit [ni Ramgen], kasi ang pangit naman ng term na 'yun. But yeah, he is my boyfriend now," she said. The actress shared that it took a while before she became open to a new romantic relationship and even swore that she won't have a boyfriend again after Revilla's death. "Siyempre I needed to heal myself din muna, and I wanted to be sure that I' ready for something like this again. Kasi before lagi kong sinasabi na hindi na ako mai-inlove ulit, kasi it was a scary thing, 'yung nangyari sa 'kin. But I think I'm ready now," she said.

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

Powered By | Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets