Monday, April 15, 2013

Dress up or dress down, Luane Dy style


He makes a fuss over what I wear on TV,” says “Unang Hirit” host Luane Dy of actor Carlo Gonzalez, her boyfriend of five years. Luane claims Carlo is a conservative guy, who objects to her wearing on TV outfits that are too short and revealing. “This becomes a cause of quarrel sometimes,” she tells Living Stars. “I always ask him, ‘How come my bosses at the news department agree to this outfit and you don’t?’ I tell him he should understand that dressing up is part of my work as a TV personality.” As a compromise, Luane says she tries to “dress down” when she goes out on dates with Carlo. “I wear his T-shirts! When I wear one of my dresses, I make sure I have undershirts or cycling shorts. He checks them.” “I admit that I get hurt and irritated by this sometimes,” she adds. “When it happens, I stop talking to him and just keep quiet.” Asked about her pet peeve, Luane says, “It’s waiting for Carlo to get dressed. He’s so slow at it. It takes him an hour to take a bath and another hour to choose his outfit—to think we’re only going to watch a movie. He says we’ll be seen in public so he has to be presentable.” Fave shoes “I bought this when I first went to the United States,” Luane says of a pair of black slippers from Louis Vuitton. “I love slippers more than anything.” “WALK in them first before buying them. Make sure they’re comfy,” says the shoe expert. Luane prefers platforms to stilettos, like her pair of animal prints from Top Shop. “It’s a must-have,” she says. Luane also boasts of her neon green and hot pink heels from Aldo. “I like striking colors. I won’t have a problem crossing the street at night while wearing them,” she quips. Luane adores her pair of gold pumps from Zara because “this matches all outfits. It’s my ever-reliable pair.” The TV host shares these tips in buying shoes: “Walk in them first before buying them. Make sure you feel comfortable. Get a pair that has foot beds—this makes a whole lot of difference. Also, get something in soft leather.” Versatile wardrobe WHAT she wears to work often becomes a cause of arguments between her and Carlo. Luane loves wearing jumpsuits, especially her piece by Dianne Von Furstenberg. “Jumpsuits are flattering. They are great for any body shape,” she points out. “I also have a favorite flowing dress. I feel like a fairy wearing this. I’ve worn this in trips to Boracay and Cebu.” “I love seeing stars as designs on dresses,” she says, while showing a piece from Dolce & Gabanna. “This season, my favorite color for dresses is orange. I also like flowing maxi dresses, like this one from Warehouse. Suzy Abrera (‘UH’ cohost) loves this on me.” Luane says it’s best to buy an outfit that can be worn repeatedly. “Get something you can wear with a blazer, or with a cardigan or with just a belt and a statement necklace. If you get a lot of compliments for a particular outfit, take a photo of yourself. When you’re not in the mood, look at those (you’re wearing in the) pictures, and choose from among them which one to wear.” As a TV host, Luane says she is required to wear blazers. “That’s why I have them in all colors and designs, mostly from Zara and Top Shop. It’s important that you have one in black.” “This dress is a gift from Carlo the conservative,” says Luane, showing a floral backless piece from Zara. BANDAGE dress similar to JLo’s Luane buys skirts that are “versatile,” meaning those that can be worn both in the morning and at night. “You either dress them down or dress them up with the right accessories. I have short skirts, maxi skirts and even balloon skirts,” she says. “My favorite is called a bandage skirt. It’s from Herve Leger. It’s so thick and heavy but it will really make you look sexy.” Luane also loves button-down shirts because they’re perfect with denim pants or shorts. “Match them with the right shoes and accessories and you can even wear them to parties at night,” she says. “This leather jacket from Zara also goes well with any outfit. I sometimes like the rock-glam look.” When buying pants, Luane has this advice: “Make sure to get a pair that’s one size smaller. The fabric becomes lose after repeated washings.” Designer bag “INVEST in classic pieces. They will go a long way,” she advises. Luane’s first Louis Vuitton bag is an Elipse Monogram piece. “The biggest I own is what I call my bucket bag from LV,” she says. “My aunt bought it in Hawaii two years ago.” “Go for the classic black bag—it’s going to be really useful. Get the one with soft leather. When not in use, bring it out of storage from time to time to air it. This will keep it from becoming moldy,” she points out. Eyewear collection Luane claims she buys sunglasses “out of necessity.” She explains: “My favorite is a pair of Ray-Ban Aviators because it matches all my outfits. I use them especially when I drive to work LUANE says she buys sunnies “out of necessity.” in the morning.” Luane also says she misses her white Dolce & Gabanna sunnies, which Carlo borrowed and hasn’t returned yet. Must-have gadgets As a TV personality, Luane says she never leaves home without her “power tools,” which are her curling iron and hair dryer from Vidal Sassoon. “I can’t also live without my iPad2, (which was a Christmas gift from Carlo). I love listening to the music of Ella Fritzgerald, Billie Holiday, Rod Steward and Etta James, (and that of) more contemporary artists like Beyoncé, India.Ari, Alice Smith and Adele.” SHE LIKES scents that are fruity or citrusy. She also loves her Canon FX230 HS Powershot camera. “It’s already high-definition. I brought it with me to the States. I took videos when I went to San Francisco, and then to Las Vegas. The video was even aired on ‘UH.’” Fruity scents Luane prefers fruity and citrusy scents. “I like Lanvin Eclat and Burberry Summer,” she says. “I also use Anna Sui’s Rock Me, which Carlo gave me. He said this was what he always wanted to smell on me.” She also likes lemon grass and green tea scents because “they serve as insect repellents.” Makeup kit She likes Revlon’s mineral makeup because they keep her skin from breaking out. “I really studied how to apply makeup. It’s a necessity in my kind of work,” she says. “A lot of people PRICEY timepiece is a gift from boyfriend Carlo Gonzalez. don’t know that I used to be a makeup artist before working on TV.” “I don’t bring a lot of cosmetics in my bag. Often, I just use a tube of lip and cheek tint. The shadow stick from Revlon is also very effective. It lasts me a whole day. I also make sure to have my mascara ready. With just one application, it livens up your face.” Sketching tools Luane draws as a hobby. “I use Derwent pencils when I sketch. I also have sketch pads in different texture and thickness,” says the TV host as she shows her latest drawings featuring Hollywood icons Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe.

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

Powered By | Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets