Sunday, March 31, 2013

Lovato returning for US X Factor


Demi Lovato is coming back to The X Factor US. The 20-year-old singer has signed on for the third season of the televised singing competition created by Simon Cowell. The Unbroken hitmaker joined the panel last year alongside Simon, music executive L.A. Reid and Britney Spears. It was rumoured she might not return after L.A. and Britney bowed out to focus on other career opportunities. Demi confirmed the news for her fans on Thursday. “I am so excited to return as a judge and mentor on The X Factor," she told Entertainment Tonight. "Last season was an unbelievable experience and I really enjoyed developing personal relationships with the contestants and the panel. I look forward to taking my previous experience and applying it to make this season even better!" Simon also weighed in. The television mogul called Demi a “superstar” and a “fantastic mentor”, adding that he can’t wait to have her back despite the pair’s love-hate relationship on the show. “Even though she can be really, really annoying - I truly enjoyed working with her and so did the artists. I'm especially pleased she's back, even during her world tour!" he added. Demi has had to defend herself in the past from critics who slammed Simon for hiring such a young star to mentor young hopefuls, claiming she was too inexperienced. She is preparing for the release of her fourth as-yet untitled studio album and the star believes her new music will silence the naysayers. "Well I definitely want to back up why I was a mentor on X Factor. I don't want to go on my album and kind of make people think 'Well what does she know about judging?' And I definitely think I'm going to accomplish hopefully a positive response," she told MTV News last month. "I just always thought I need to give it my all 'cause that's what my contestants were doing." The X Factor US will premiere this fall on America’s Fox network.


Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

Powered By | Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets