Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Robert Pattinson Interview After the Cheating Scandal on "The Daily Show"

The Twilight star -- who is promoting his new movie Cosmopolis -- was a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show. While he didn't directly address the scandal, he didn't shy away from it, either.

After Pattinson came out onstage, host Jon Stewart drummed his hands on his desk and asked the actor, "What have you been up to?"

Read more>>>







He then whipped out two containers of Ben & Jerry's ice cream, one for himself and the other for Pattinson.

"We're just a couple of gals talking," Stewart quipped. "Tell me everything."

After some jokes about how Pattinson wanted to avoid eating the ice cream because of its caloric content -- "Oh yeah, you've gotten to be a fat f---," Stewart joked -- Pattinson talked about the difficulty of giving interviews amid a media storm.

"My biggest problem in my life is I'm cheap, and I didn't hire a publicist," he said. "Normally actors get everything scripted [for interviews]." He then added: "I'm going to hire a publicist."

Chimed in Stewart: "I think you should. Or get a time machine. Either way."

As for the Ben & Jerry's -- which was nearly melted by the time Stewart pulled it out from under his desk -- the host said: "The last time I had a breakup, Ben & Jerry got me through some of the tougher times, so I thought you and I could bond over this, and talk about, 'Boy you are better off kicking her to the curb.'"

The host then showed footage of paparazzi staked outside The Daily Show studios trying to get shots of the actor.

"I think you're confused about this show and what the real issues in America are," Pattinson told Stewart. "Tonight, it really is the Twilight show."

Pattinson also said he hopes that Cosmopolis -- in which the actor stars as a billionaire whose mission for a haircut veers wildly off course -- opens bigger than The Dark Knight Rises, even though it's opening in only six theaters. He urged his Twilight fans to buy "eight tickets" apiece.

Cosmopolis, adapted from Don DeLillo's novel, was directed by David Cronenberg and co-stars Juliette Binoche. Pattinson said it's a hard film to explain.

"Trying to explain what the movie is about is physically impossible," he said. "It's a very kind of eccentric. It's one of the only things I'll ever do where I can say, I don't think this will ever be made again, or it hasn't been made before. Regardless of how people see it, at least it's something new."

Stewart ended the interview on a serious note, telling Pattinson: "My wish for you is that you get to handle your business and personal life in private. I wish you all the best."

Source: Hollywood Reporter

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

Powered By | Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets